Odor Neutralization at Methanization plant in the Vendée
Methanization plant in the Vendée
- Incoming waste: 37 000 tons/ year
- 23 000 tons of cattle manure
- 1 400 tons of poultry manure
- 2 800 tons of grain sorting difference coming from agricultural cooperative Cavac
- 6 500 tons of white water and flotation grease coming from the water treatment plant shared by Agrial and Bonilait
- Some occasional products
Implemented Odor Treatment:
- Odor neutralization of a process building using industrial spraying of an odor neutralizing reagent. This building contains a grinder and two conveyors of organic material that feed a mixing tank. 6 misting heads are installed above these odor sources.
- Spraying odor neutralizer at a low concentration reduces odors at their source (inside the building) before any phase of dispersion (residents) during the stage of organic waste grinding (manure, vegetable residues, corn shreds, etc.)
- The formulation of the applied neutralizing reagent was specifically adapted to the encountered odor issue.
- The engineering solutions only function during two daily stages of organic material grinding.
- This control provides the customer with an optimization of reagent and water consumption. The installation can also be operated with predefined time slots.